Financial and Administrative Assistant
KOMIS is a management consulting company specialised in project and programme management in the field of international development.
Based on long standing experience of cooperation with the European Commission (EC) and other international donors, we combine the best of academic expertise with practical experiences from the field to help our clients to design and manage highly performing interventions with a long-term impact.
We do not just provide a solution; we work together with the clients in order to find the answer that best fits their needs and requirements.
Based in Brussels, KOMIS has built an international network of professional consultants embracing diverse perspectives and cultural aspects.
Indicative important projects which are currently carried out by KOMIS and for which the administrative assistant is expected to contribute, are:
- Results Oriented Monitoring (ROM) which aims to support the European Commission’s (EC) services and EU Delegations (EUD) in monitoring of and reporting on EU financed development and cooperation projects and programmes in third countries.
- EU-GCC (or CEN II) which aims to create and facilitate the operation of an a Clean Energy Network between the EU and the GCC countries. This network aims to act as a catalyst and element of coordination for development of cooperation on clean energy, including the related policy and technology aspects, among various stakeholders in the EU and GCC countries
The Administrative/Financial Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative support to the Project Team with main responsibility the organisation of ROM review missions (worldwide).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative/Financial Assistant, based in the Brussels Office, organises ROM Review missions, assists in the preparation and organisation of Results Reporting, and provides administrative, financial and coordination support to the Project Team. In particular, the Administrative/Financial Assistant:
· Acts as Mission Organiser
· Assists in organisation of Results Reporting Missions in Brussels: organisation of logistic (e.g. ISO forms) and field arrangements, coordination with ROM Experts and any other administrative or financial issues related to Missions.
· Supports the collecting, processing and archiving of all necessary documentation and information needed for the proper organisation and implementation of missions in cooperation with the Junior Expert.
· Ensures the administration of the internal project server as a System Administrator.
· Contributes to the entry of data in the appropriate information systems as per instructions of the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader, Co-operations Coordinator and the Junior Expert.
· Ensures the updates and the coordination of databases;
· Coordinates the day-to-day IT operations;
· Is responsible for the office management (general office support services, office supplies, post, DHL, etc.)
· Follows instructions of, assists and supports the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader, Co-operation Coordinator and the Junior Expert in their tasks as appropriate; therefore, he is present at the office in a pre-agreed timeframe.
· Implements the activities in line with the Technical Specifications and ROM Handbook and as interpreted in consultation with the Team Leader.
· Liaises with all stakeholders (mainly experts) as per instructions of the Co-operation Coordinator.
· Works collectively and effectively with the other colleagues and participates in coordination meetings and brainstorming discussions.
· Prepares reports as assigned by the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader, Co-operation Coordinator, and Junior Expert. He/She submits these reports as per the set deadlines.
· Ensures that all agreed criteria and indicators are applied and that his/her tasks are carried out in a strictly professional manner in accordance with established guidelines.
· University education degree;
· Effective oral and written communication skills, diplomacy & discreetness;
· Responsibility and attention to details;
· Organisation skills; capabilities to develop several tasks simultaneously; respect of deadlines;
· Ability to work as part of a team and in a multicultural environment, interpersonal skills;
· Willingness and ability to learn.
The following will be considered as assets:
· Working experience with or within International Organisations (e.g. EU Institutions) and/or International Financial
· Good knowledge of MS Office
· Good working knowledge of English;
· Good working knowledge of French
· Office centrally located in Brussels;
· Standard office environment with shared space;
· Full time position, working hours can be discussed with the Team Leader.
· End of assignment: 30 April 2019 (with possibility of renewal)
The Administrative/Financial Assistant will invoice his/her services during a period of 8 months (with possibility of further extension).
Please send your CV and cover letter in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line "Administrative/Financial Assistant".
17 September 2018
DESIRABLE START DATE:
Immediately (if adequate)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be considered as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and abilities required.